Menu

Easter Egg Chest

Facebooktwitterpinterestmail

Instead of an Easter egg basket, how about and “Easter egg Chest”? The more I worked on this little display, the cuter it became. I don’t have any little ones running around here yet, but if I did I think they would surely enjoy peaking into my little secret box. I hope you enjoy it, too…Happy Easter~

This cute Easter Egg Chest would be the perfect touch in your Easter holiday decorating, and children would love it!

Where to Find an Old Chest

I originally found this old beauty gift set type box at a thrift store a few years ago, and I made it over with paint, and few little dainty craft flowers. After I shared it here on this blog, it ended up in our kids’s bathroom and they used it for makeup storage. Well, if you saw the big bathroom makeover, you would know that it doesn’t really fit into that botanical theme. It was time to either trash it, sell it, or use it for something else.

So, at first I thought, Oh Julie, just throw it out. Then as I was on my way to the outside garbage I walked past a table I use to gather all the items I want to sell. I set it there, and figured someone would buy it at our garage sale one day. Then a few nights later inspiration struck! 🐰

Vintage Ceramic Easter eggs

My one and only brother, Bobby (deceased) created these beautiful hand painted ceramic Easter eggs with our cousins way back in 1975. I actually remember it even though I was only 5 years old. My favorite has always been the white one with the sparkly baby lamb on it. They are really in fantastic shape, and look like they were made yesterday. Hi, little baby lamb πŸ‘‹ πŸ‘…

Click here to see Bobby’s ceramic hand painted Nativity Scene!

After I nestled all 4 ceramic eggs in the chest with a little green florist type foam for them to rest on, I added the white grass I had on hand from last year. I recycle that stuff, do you?

Kids would Love this Easter egg Chest…

Then look who decided to finish off the little Easter Egg Chest…these 3 little bunny dudes I bought at Target years ago. They look like they are sitting on the stage, don’t they? Wouldn’t little kids love this? Heck, I love this πŸ˜†.

Easter Egg Topiary

Thrifty Golden Easter Tablescape

Facebooktwitterpinterestmail Posted by Signature for Julie at Redheadcanedecorate.com

1. carol+bittner says:

Wonderful repurpose!! You just do such great things over and over. This one is so beautiful on the outside and has such personal meaning on the inside. The eggs are lovely. Hope you have a wonderful Easter Sunday with your family. Thank you for all you do.

It’s so nice to hear from you, Carol! I know I say that every time you comment, but it’s true. I hope we both have warm weather…it’s looking like it might happen!

2. KitsyKeelSmith says:

Oh how I wish I had your creativity. Thanks for sharing your beautiful creations and lovely home with us.

3. Barbara Warner says:

Your Easter egg chest is just charming! Love that fake grass and the ceramic eggs. The little bunnies in the back are just adorable. What a great idea! Steals the whole Easter setting.

Aww…thank you, Barbara! I loved using what I had in my stash. Made me miss my brother, but it was a healing feeling, not a sad one. Thank you for stopping by…I appreciate that you take that time for me! Happy Easter~

4. Cindy says:

What a cute idea! I love the eggs in the chest. My grandmother made sugar eggs I hold dear to my heart. Thank you for sharing and have a blessed Easter!

Oh I love sugar eggs! I use to have one… hmmm I wonder if I still do? It might be wrapped up down in the boxes. Thanks for the reminder!

5. Dad says:

You Did Good, love to all, Dad in NY.

6. LORRI says:

Julie..what a great idea!! Yes, I save all that Easter Grass, green moss stuff, stuff like that. Hey when creating, always handy to have that stuff on hand. πŸ˜‹

7. Patricia says:

Great projects! I have several small wine boxes, I can make some chests.

8. Rebecca Payne says:

Thank you for sharing. Happy Good Friday!

9. Beth Betts says:

Your Easter egg chest is just beautiful! Love that fake grass and the ceramic eggs ,I will have to use plastic one. The little bunnies in the back are just so cute. What a great idea!

10. Penny MacDonald says:

Love your Easter chest -what a beautiful way to display your special eggs and bunnies. Happy Easter Julie 🐣

11. Bette says:

Happy Easter Julie and Family:

That box is adorable. I also love the beautiful Easter eggs from your brother and how it makes you feel good not sad.
    I guess we all have a loved one that is gone and things and places remind us of them.
    Hope your dinner is great. I made ham, scalloped potatoes and Tuscan asparagus, so yummy..

Cheers, Bette

Wow!!! That dinner sounds πŸ‘ŒπŸ» … my Dad is the scalloped potato king in our family. Stay safe & well!