If you love cheese cake, you are going to love “Redhead’s Simple Strawberry Pie” recipe. I made this up last night when I noticed my strawberries were starting to look a little tired 🍓. You can probably tell in my photo, can’t you? Luckily, the Strawberry Pie is almost gone and it hasn’t even been 24 hours yet 😂. I had one piece for breakfast, and I may have a second for dinner. It’s THAT good.
Here’s how I came up with this simple recipe that literally a anyone can make. I looked up strawberry cheesecake and I noticed many recipes for cheesecake involve heavy cream, and I didn’t have any, but I did have a tub of cool whip. Booyah!
I also had 1 store bought crust. However, if you don’t, my 10 minute pie crust will definitely work instead. You can find that here: USE THIS SIMPLE PIE CRUST RECIPE IF YOU DON’T HAVE A STORE BOUGHT CRUST.
The last 2 ingredients I usually have on hand…sugar and cream cheese, so I figured this has just got to work. Let me tell you…it turned out absolutely amazing.
You want proof? When I took the pie out of the refrigerator today and photographed it I really didn’t know what it tasted like yet. Except for a few spoon licks. After the photos, I literally picked up a piece in my hand and ate the entire thing without a fork. That tells you 2 things —>
1. How beautiful the pie turns out since you can actually hold it in your hand without it falling all over the place. 2. The creamy, sweet, light, fluffy, and a hint of cheesecake, mixed with the flaky crust, and tart strawberries, make this Simple Strawberry Pie irresistible. Enjoy~
Redhead’s Simple Strawberry Pie Recipe
- 1 prepared pie crust (baked) (I used Kroger brand and baked at 450 for 10 min)
- 1 8oz. cream cheese
- 1 8oz.cool whip
- 1 cup granulated sugar (I tried it with 1/2 the sugar and it was still fantastic! So, 1/2 cup is fine, too!)
- 15 strawberries
- chocolate (optional see below)
- Bake crust according to instructions on box (usually 450 10 minutes does it) by placing in a pie plate. I use my fingers to create the bumpy crust edges, but a fork works too if you want fork marks instead. Let crust cool completely after baking.
- While crust is baking/cooling, whip the cream cheese with a mixer until fluffy.
- Add sugar and continue to blend well.
- Fold whipped topping into mixture, but do not use mixer or it will go flat. Combine until smooth.
- Spread in crust.
- Add strawberries on top.
- Chill, or eat now 😉
Add chocolate chips or zigzag chocolate syrup on plate before serving.
Amount Per Serving Calories 305Total Fat 15gSaturated Fat 8gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 6gCholesterol 29mgSodium 180mgCarbohydrates 40gFiber 1gSugar 28gProtein 3g