If you missed last week’s “Butcher Block Cheese Board Giveaway“, no worries because I decided to have another giveaway this week (woot woot!😎), only this one is all about an amazing recipe/cookbook. Not only am I sharing a wonderful recipe from my new cookbook, but I’m also giving away a free copy of the hand held REAL cookbook. Welcome to the “Creamy Tomato Tortellini Soup & Cookbook Giveaway”…
TIP: There are actually 2 of these gorgeous cookbooks up for grabs!
*** Some of the links in this post may contain affiliate links for your convenience. Read full disclosure policy here.
Early on in my blogging career, I became pals with famous chef Valerie Brunmeir, from “Valerie’s Kitchen” . If you don’t follow Valerie yet, you are truly missing out. Not only is she an amazing cook, mom, wife, and just an all around wonderful person, but she has always been such a supportive friend to me in blog land. I have truly enjoyed watching her succeed and grow over the years and have tried many of her easy to follow recipes. When I found out she wrote a real live hand held cookbook, I had to have it.
I asked Valerie if she would be interested in offering a couple of her cookbooks to me and my friend Jane from Cottage at the Crossroads so we could give them away to you. She was absolutely honored to give 2 of her new cookbooks “The Foolproof Family Slow Cooker (and Other One-Pot Solutions)” away to our readers. So, yes…Jane and I are giving 2 of these slow cooker/one-pot solution cookbooks to 2 of our lucky readers.
I admit, I still love my crockpot, so looking through this real live cookbook was such a treat. There’s just nothing better than real cookbooks that you can hold in my opinion. I honestly couldn’t narrow it down to one recipe to share, until I asked the kiddos. Once they decided on Val’s “Creamy Tomato Tortellini Soup”, I actually brought Val’s cookbook, my crockpot, and most of the ingredients to Canada with us when we went on a 3 night Toronto getaway and I made it there (I ordered the remaining ingredients this way). I was able to get it into my crockpot in the late morning, and then go out for the day sight seeing, and it was ready for us when we got back. Let me tell ya, it smelled so good when we got to our condo.
Everyone, including my husband couldn’t stop eating Val’s Creamy Tomato Tortellini Soup and we were lucky enough to find an underground bakery that day where we bought loaves and loves of crusty bread to dip into the sauce. Oh my goodness, my mouth is watering now.
Val’s recipes are easy to follow, and you will absolutely love her! Being the generous person she is, she let me put the the full recipe for the “Creamy Tomato Tortellini Soup” here on my blog for you to pin and/or print now. You will find the cookbook giveaway (there’s 2 up for grabs) after the recipe. Good luck!
- 1 cup diced sweet yellow onion
- 1/2 cup peeled and diced carrot
- 1 tsp. minced garlic
- 2 cans whole, peeled San Marzano tomatoes, undrained
- 3 cups low sodium vegetable or chicken broth
- 1 tsp. sugar
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp. salt, or to taste
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- 2 bay leaves
- 1/2 cup half-and-half or heavy cream
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan, plus more for serving
- 1- 20 ounce package of refrigerated cheese tortellini
- 1/2 cup fresh basil leaves
- Place onion, carrot, garlic, tomatoes and their liquid, broth, sugar, oregano, salt, pepper, and bay leaves into the insert of a 6-quart (5.5-L) slow cooker. Stir to combine the ingredients well, then cover and cook for 7-8 hours on low, or 3-4 hours on high.
- Power off and unplug the slow cooker. Remove and discard the bay leaves and use an immersion blender to blend the mixture until it is smooth. Alternatively, you can transfer the mixture, in batches, to the blender to puree, then return it to the slow cooker.
- Plug in the slow cooker. Stir in the half-and-half or the heavy cream, Parmesan cheese, and tortellini. Cover and cook on high for an additional 15 to 30 minutes, until the tortellini is warmed through and is tender. Stir in the fresh basil just before serving with plenty of additional Parmesan on the side.
This giveaway is for US residents only and you must be 18 years of age or older to participate.
Giveaway runs from January 17, 2020 through January 24, 2020. Winner will be chosen randomly and notified by e-mail.
The Family Foolproof Family Slow Cooker Cookbook will arrive at your door approximately 1-3 weeks after the giveaway ends.
Here’s how you enter:
Comment below telling me the name of your favorite hand held cookbook 😉
Join my redheadcandecorate.com private Facebook Decorating & Cooking Group HERE.
Subscribe to Redhead Can Decorate’s Newsletter HERE.
Visit & subscribe to Cottage at the Crossroads (optional, but will double your chances). Here’s the recipe Jane decided to make from the cookbook, and you can enter the giveaway there as well.Posted by