Here we go again guys…I’m trying desperately to lose a couple pounds for a vacation coming up, and at 49 (50 next month 😳), it’s really REALLY been difficult. I’ve managed to lose 8 pounds in 2 months, but maaaaan it is way harder than it has ever been. What I have noticed that works is a lot of exercise. Yeah, I know, yuck. Seriously though, it has helped me feel less jiggly. What I also found to help, is eating low carb, and low calorie. I tried one or the other, and it really slowed things down. Now you know why this good lookin’ “Healthy Stuffed Pork Loin” comes into play.
I made up this recipe in my red head last night when I couldn’t find a stuffed pork loin recipe without a ton of cheese. Why, oh why, does everything have to have cheese all over it, or in it? I truly believe we can have great tasting food without it. This pork loin is proof because it was fantastic. I also saw the scale go down a pound this morning, so that made it even better.
I bought the pork loin through my online shopping gig because I was reading how very low calorie pork loins are. I also love how tender they are. Lastly, they are pure protein which is what I need to lose the weight.
I decided to pair it with steamed asparagus that I sautéed with a little cooking spray, garlic, and lemon juice. Did you know that asparagus fights bloat? Yep…it really does. Almost like it’s magic. I notice it the day after I eat it. The same is true with cantaloupe, and cucumbers (no they are not in this recipe 😆.
So, back to the loin…doesn’t it look scrumptious? Let me tell ya, my husband was pretty impressed. I hope you try it!
- You will need a 2-2 1/2 pound pork loin.
- 5 garlic cloves minced
- 1/2 large onion diced
- 2 cups chopped mushroom
- 1/2 cup of canned chopped artichokes
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley
- salt & pepper to taste
- Pork Loin Seasoning:
- salt & pepper to taste
- sprinkle of chili powder
- sprinkle of onion powder
- sprinkle of paprika
- sprinkle of Lawry's seasoning salt
- Preheat oven 350 degrees.
- Spray 13 x 9 inch pan with cooking spray.
- Prepare filling by first sautéing the garlic, onion, mushrooms, artichokes, in a non-stick medium sized pan sprayed with cooking spray.
- After the filling has cooked approximately 5-10 minutes, set aside and let it cool down.
- Prepare pork loin by slicing it in 1/2 but not going all the way through (butterfly) and placing it in the sprayed 13 x 9 pan with the loin open and ready to stuff. My loin was 2 small loins that I placed next to one another.
- Go back to the stuffing and add the cheese, egg, parsley, and salt & pepper and mix well.
- Stuff the loin by placing the stuffing on the loin and then closing it.
- You can now tie food safe string around the loin in several spots, but it's not necessary. I did not as you can see in the photos.
- Season the pork loin with seasoning listed above (lightly sprinkle so it covers all of it).
- Bake 1 hour uncovered.
Serve with lightly steamed asparagus that is sautéed with cooking spray, garlic and lemon.
Amount Per Serving Calories 287 Total Fat 13g Saturated Fat 4g Trans Fat 0g Unsaturated Fat 6g Cholesterol 120mg Sodium 270mg Carbohydrates 6g Fiber 2g Sugar 1g Protein 36g