I was about to fall asleep last night, but was craving tacos 😁. I began to think about how I could have tacos in the morning 😁, but stick to my low calorie, low(er) carbohydrate plan without using a tortilla. I eat 1 egg every day for breakfast anyway, so this was a no brainer. I know I’m not the first to use an egg as a substitute for a tortilla, and I’m certainly not the last. This 137 Calorie Breakfast Power Taco will satisfy your savory side while giving you the energy to do what you gotta do.
137 Calorie Power Breakfast Taco
This scrumptious high protein egg taco is quick on busy mornings, tastes delicious, and will keep you full until lunch without unnecessary calories.
- 1 70 calorie egg
- 2 tablespoons mashed avocado
- 2 tablespoons fat free plain Greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons salsa
- salt & pepper
- Spray small frying pan with cooking spray and turn burner on low to start heating pan.
- Beat 1 egg with a tiny splash of water, salt & pepper until frothy.
- Let egg set in pan and carefully check edges with rubber spatula after about 1 minute. When cooked almost all the way, flip it, and let it finish cooking just for a second. Then slide egg onto your plate.
- Wash avocado, and cut in 1/2. Scoop out 1/2 of flesh and smoosh on clean cutting board or plate. Sprinkle with a little salt & pepper and measure out 2 tablespoons worth. Spread on egg.
- Measure out 2 tablespoons of fat free plain Greek yogurt and spread on top of avocado.
- Measure out 2 tablespoons of your favorite low sugar salsa and put on Greek yogurt.
- Flip over the egg and hold in place with a tooth pick.
- It's rather soft to pick up, so I just cut it and use a fork.
- Enjoy your power breakfast!
Amount Per Serving Calories 137Total Fat 9gSaturated Fat 2gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 6gCholesterol 184mgSodium 616mgCarbohydrates 6gFiber 2gSugar 3gProtein 10g
In case you missed it, I also posted another low calorie option for lunch that comes in at 271 calories. I actually did use a low carbohydrate tortilla for this, but it’s still extremely low on calories and carbs.
Lastly, dinner. Nothing like losing weight while still eating tacos, pizza, and Big Macs!
Yep, you heard that right…I came up with a 300 Calorie Big Mac a few years ago and it is still one of my family’s favorite recipes. A real Big Mac has 563 calories, so this is definitely a huge difference and way better for you if you are trying to lose weight.
I’ll be back this weekend with a light Tuna Macaroni Recipe, and then that will be it for recipes for while. It’s time to get back to decorating and share our summer version of the Christmas tree and my new kitchen rugs.Tags: low carbohydrate, taco Posted by
I can’t wait to try this breakfast taco! Excellent! Thanks
Just had another one this am! It would be good w sautéed onions mush peppers!
These look very good. New low cal is a good way to start summer. Thanks.
Great ideas..going to cook and taste test…just a suggestion for cholesterol control use egg whites to make taco shells🌻
Thank you, Barbara! I am a firm believer that eggs (the entire egg) actually lower cholesterol. I know there is a bunch of controversy about it. I do know there’s less calories in egg whites. I just love that full egg too much.
[…] I eat eggs and fruit every day for breakfast. Trashing that 300 calorie bagel that made me crash 30 minutes after I eat it gives me so much more energy and less bloat. Now I get high off protein that keeps me full longer and keeps my blood sugar level. I call this my “Rainbow Breakfast” and here’s another favorite “137 Calorie Power Taco“. […]