Yippee! It’s all about our master bathroom makeover plans today. Does that make me the master of the bathroom? I think so! 😆 Well, at least I hope it does. I’ve put a ton of thought into this project, and it really is a big job. You see, our master bathroom has really great bones, but it was very dated when we moved in. Over the last 9 years we’ve changed quite a bit on the surface, but it’s finally gotten to the point where we are ready to go full throttle on this baby. The main issues I have with it are the dated ceramic tiles throughout, and this huge dated Jacuzzi tub sitting in the middle of the bathroom doing nothing but collecting dust, and laundry. Oh, and our kitten has a blast chasing the dust bunnies in there. We honestly never use it, and I think it is just one big eye sore and waste of precious space.
Here’s the earliest photo of the master bathroom that I have. It was 9 years ago and the kids were young enough to take a bath together in there. The colorful lego blocks are proof that we actually did get some use out of it back then.
Speed forward about 5 years and the kids are now teens and they definitely are not taking baths anymore. I decide to decorate AROUND the big elephant in the room and make it look like a spa in a cabin. It actually looked beautiful, but we still never used it. You may think that is nuts, but after a few years we started having trouble with the water coming in “clean”. We are on a well, so the sediment gets trapped somehow and it was impossible to get clear water. There was no way I was soaking my booty in water I wasn’t sure of.
Here we are today. February 16th, 2018. Oh dear, look what we’ve done. There’s no turning back now. The tub is out and the surrounding structure is coming out tomorrow. Hey, are you interested in buying the jacuzzi tub for a very low price??? If so just let me know. It still works and is in perfect condition. It’s currently in our garage waiting for you 😀 .
So, what is a redhead to do with all of that extra space when this mess is cleared out? And what about that dated tile all over the place including in the shower and floor? Hmmm…what would you do? Finish taking the tour, and meet me at the bottom of this post and I will share all of the plans with you.
Master Bathroom Plans
- Remove jacuzzi and surrounding unit, chandelier, old toilet, all tile including in shower, shower door, shower faucet, shower shelf, and glass block window.
- Install wood planked wall where tub was so the existing wood planked wall continues to the floor.
- Install new flooring where tub was, and in toilet/shower area (can’t wait to show you!).
- Install white subway tile 1/2 way up toilet room, in the entire shower, and on the wall where the glass block/tub was.
- Install new clear glass modern shower door (the one we have now is so loud!).
- Install a new vintage style sink, faucet, mirror on that ^ wall for my husband’s shaving nook (lots of surprises/neat ideas coming in this area).
- Install new vintage shower system.
- New window treatments. I’m thinking about going old school with plain white shades.
- Install new toilet. Wait until you see the toilet seat! 😯
- Install new fan system, & new light fixtures.
- Create a gorgeous serene seating area on the right side of the room where the tub use to be. THINK: GREEN VELVET CHAISE LOUNGE & BUILT IN ELECTRIC WALL FIREPLACE 😯
- New bathroom door with glass inserts.
- Did I miss anything? Stay tuned…I’ll be sharing it all!
Tags: bathroom, makeover