This very thrifty affordable appetizer idea literally cost $7, and I’m calling it my “Dollar Store Olive Appetizer Wreath”. Welcome to this month’s Thrifty Style Team post, where I love to share affordable decorating ideas along with my very talented thrifty blogger friends. This month, it’s all about the holidays since we are so close to Christmas!
It’s a bitter sweet time here at redheadcandecorate.com. This past week I was welcomed into an online Christmas tour I have always admired and hoped to one day be a part of…you can actually view it all here: Holiday Housewalk 6 Room Home Tour.
Unfortunately, the achievement comes at a time when my mom is very ill in the hospital. I am with her now, and my work helps me deal with the worry that goes along with an ill loved one. I promise I will update soon, but for now things are too uncertain. In the mean time, I really want you to have this cool idea that only takes a few minutes, and a few dollars to create for a holiday party, gathering, or event. Are you in charge of bringing something to a Christmas party? Boom, I got you covered.
SUPPLIES NEEDED TO ASSEMBLE DOLLAR STORE OLIVE APPETIZER WREATH
- 1 dollar store plastic tray (15 inches wide)
- 5 cans dollar store black olives
- 1 jar dollar store green olives
- 1 dollar store votive candle
- small red ornaments or red decor balls
- fresh pine clippings from yard or forest
HOW TO CREATE DOLLAR STORE OLIVE APPETIZER WREATH
- Remove sticker on back of tray and then clean tray with soap and water.
- Drain olives in strainer and place like photo below.
- Add small clippings of pine tree slowly to center, and carefully place each piece so it is “flowing” like a wreath would naturally flow in one direction.
- Add 3 green olives grouped in 5 areas like the photos show. The green olives are meant to be the “berries”.
- Add fresh pine on edge to create more of a full wreath look.
- You can add red ornaments or keep it all natural.
- Add the candle in the middle.
- Serve with a cheese & cracker tray like this —–> Cheese & Cracker Tray.
Look how pretty the “Olive Appetizer Wreath” looks up against the Christmas decor. Add more pine if you like, or leave the pine on the outside off all together. Totally beautiful for only dollar store supplies!
I hope you can visit all of the Thrifty Style Team projects this month-just sift through your interests below. Stay tuned for a HUGE giveaway from all of us next month. We will each be giving away 1 item from our thrifty stash to give away to you. Yippee!
DIY Mason Jar Centerpiece – Chatfield Court How to Make a Bow Christmas Tree Topper – The Creek Line House Easy Thrifty Outdoor Peppermint Pillow Wraps – DIY Beautify Dollar Store Olive Appetizer Wreath -Redhead Can Decorate Recycled Metal Seat Door Wreath – Bliss Ranch How to Make Scented Pine Cones -I Should Be Mopping the Floor Champagne Bucket Christmas Tree Stand – Postcards from the Ridge Thrifty and Easy hostess gifts – Duke Manor Farm Dollar Store Duster Christmas Wreath– The How-To Home Christmas Cloche Centerpiece Ideas – 2 Bees in a Pod Vintage Thrifted Christmas Tablescape – What Meegan Makes DIY Snowman Ornaments – Cottage at the Crossroads Rustic Leather Magazine Holder – Unskinny Boppy Christmas Placecard Setting -Salvage Sister Mister –Vintage Drawer Pull Clipboard – Jen RizzoPosted by