Merry Christmas in July!
Just think-we are 1/2 way there. Not sure if I like that thought, but I’m alive,so I’m happy!
Welcome to this months “Make It: Fun Team Challenge” where this time it’s all about the cones…
When deciding what to make out of these fabulous “FloraCraft® Make It: Fun® Foam cones” (found at Michael’s, JoAnne’s, and Walmart)) my first thought was a tree made out of shells. However-I didn’t have enough shells and I didn’t want to buy them. So, I went down into our holiday decor boxes to see what I had that was patriotic and realized I had a ton.
I knew a whimsical “Fourth of July Christmas Tree” would be fun, cute, and easy.
I recently made the “Red Cake Stand” using items from the thrift store. Pottery Barn wanted $45 for there’s where mine cost $4.
It made a perfect base for the “Fourth of July Christmas Tree”.
Using Make It: Fun® Foam Connectors to connect some of the decorations made it a lot easier, too.
Here’s how I made the tree:
1. Think about gluing the foam tree to the base first. I didn’t do this because I plan to use the stand over and over. ***TIP: Don’t remove plastic coating on cone. This decreases any shedding and you can still stick things into it.
2. Wrap Christmas lights around the tree. I ended up buying red, white, and blue ones from Michael’s-they come in one strand now-yeay.
3. Wrap garland around but do it loosely so it’s more whimsical. Make it curl a little as you go.
4. Stick in flags (I found mine at the grocery store) and bows (I made out of ribbon and tacks).
5. Use Make It: Fun® Foam Connectors to add foam balls (the balls are a mixture of ones I had in my Christmas tree decorations, and ones that were FloraCraft® Make It: Fun® Foam Balls left over from another project.
6. Add the star by sticking it in the top (mine is a Christmas ornament), and curl ribbon for an extra touch of whimsy where ever you place it.
7. Invite your family and friends over for a big
blow out Fourth of July party and light that beauty up!
Happy Fourth of July!Tags: Christmas Decor, Christmas in July, Christmas in July crafts, Christmas in July decor, Crafts, FloraCraft, FloraCraft Make It: Fun Team, Foam Balls, whimsical Christmas tree, whimsical Fourth of July Christmas tree Posted by
That is fabulous Julie! I love it. So festive and creative.
This is so dang cute and tons of fun, Julie. I think you just created a whole new tradition! Great idea! (Love the cake plate, too.) Thank you!
You did it this time–over the top!!!
Aww! Thanks a lot Donna!!
I love the detail in the kitchen window, was this part of the house or did you do it and if so what did you use to do it? Love your site, I stumbled on it tonight and I’m in love
I did it, Megan. It’s found in my Kitchen Makeover Part 3 post.
How darling!!! You are SOOOOO talented!
Thank you, Mary!
[…] Fourth of July Patriotic Mini-Tree […]
I love it! You always create beautiful Diy’s. I also love that it doesn’t cost a lot to create, but looks as it does. Have a fab weekend