Everyone loves BEES, right? Especially this time of year with Spring blossoming and the warm days ahead.
These “Bee Flower Pot/Plant Sticks” were so much fun to make. They are perfect for kids crafts, adult crafts, teacher gifts, party favors, or just for the fun of it. After they are finished they look so adorable stuck in plants or flower pots!
Notice anything funky about the bees?
If you look closely you can see that I used plastic spoons for the wings. Then, if you look really close at this next bee, you’ll see what else I used for the wings…
Can you tell what those black wings are?
Yep, their sunglass lenses. Pretty cool, right? Well, it wasn’t cool at first because while I was in the middle of this project I broke my favorite pair of cheap sun glasses. One of the lenses popped out and the idea was created. I guess you could say it was good timing.
This is how I made them…
*** Some of the links in this post may contain affiliate links for your convenience. Read full disclosure policy here.
You will need:
–plastic spoons black, white, or clear will work (or sunglass lenses)
***I sprayed my foam eggs in a card board box and gave them a couple coats. After they were completely dry, I got the above supplies and I assembled in this order:
1. I cut my pipe cleaners as I was inserting them into the egg for the stripes. No measuring or glue required here, but feel free to use glue to make them extra secure. I did 3 stripes. Just insert, wrap around, and insert the end to meet the other end.
2. I stuck in the 2 wings towards the back end of the bee. (I used the larger end of the egg for their faces.) The spoons and/or lenses stick in easily, but need to be glued in to secure them.
3. Stick the shish kabob stick in the belly and put the unfinished bee somewhere to dry. I actually used a foam ball from last months challenge and stuck it into a pot so I could stick my unfinished bees in there and still work on them.
4. After the wings are dry, attach the eyes with glue. This is where I tried to make them all look different using different sizes. You can get really creative here!
5. Use wire to make ziz zag legs (6), a little mouth, and a stinger for the butt.
6. Finish them off with some curly q antennas.
7. Have fun sticking them in plants or flower pots, or give away to someone nice…a teacher? A Mom? 🙂bee crafts, bee favors, bee party favors, bee teacher gifts, easy bee crafts, easy gift idea, FloraCraft, FloraCraft kids craft, flower decorations, flower pot crafts, kids bee crafts, Make It:Fun Team Posted by