Ah, zucchini season. We have zucchini coming out of our ears. I picked one today that was hiding under a leaf and it was 18 inches long! Are you all sick of zucchini yet? Our family has been trying to eat that lovely green veggie the healthy way, either grilled or sauteed in a touch of coconut oil. I’ve learned to love zucchini these two ways, but there’s nothing that beats a good loaf of homemade zucchini bread.
This recipe I’m sharing with you today is special because it is from my Grandma. You know how there are just some recipes that open the memory floodgates? This is one for me. I can remember summers long ago that she would come to visit and bring a loaf of this bread. Sometimes with chocolate chips, sometimes with just that old-fashioned cinnamon flavor. Either way, it was delicious.
Anytime I bake this, I immediately think of my grandma and specifically place myself in the dining room of the house I grew up in, nibbling (OK…maybe devoring!) this bread. Seriously, friends….it’s the best.
Here’s why I love this recipe (other than that it reminds me of Grandma!):
1. It makes two loaves. Because one loaf just isn’t enough.
2. It is completely freezeable, which is nice if you’re hoping to be good and not inhale every last bit of the bread.
3. It is super moist and stays soft. I know, I know…many of you don’t like the word “moist”. I’m not a huge fan either, but I do want my zucchini bread to be moist.
4. It has a hint of cinnamon in it, which deepens the flavor wonderfully.
Find a zucchini in your garden or snatch one up from a friend or neighbor who doesn’t know what to do with their abundance and make this bread!
Click here for Grandma’s Zucchini Bread recipe!
Be sure to check out some of our other zucchini recipes!
1. Frosted Caramel Zucchini Bars
2. Reese’s Chocolate Zucchini Muffins
3. S’mores Chocolate Zucchini Muffins
4. Peanut Butter Zucchini Bread with Brown Sugar StreuselPosted by
I love zucchini bread! This recipe looks wonderful and I can’t wait to try it!
I know, right, C.!! It’s such a special recipe!
Oh yeah, we have zucchini coming out of the ying-yang too (or did you say ears??) Anyhoo, I’m collecting zucchini recipies to use it all up, thanks for yours and Pinning!
ying yang, lol!
Yum! Nothing like fresh baked bread!
I know, right!
I need some now. Thanks.
This looks delicious, Julie!
Thank you, MB!