I was saving these “Asian Chicken Lettuce Wraps” for Monday, but I can’t wait that long.
I lost another pound so I got all excited this morning and wanted you to have this recipe for the weekend.
I’m down 11.5 lbs. since June 17th.
That’s almost 12 lbs. in 2 months.
I’m doing it by eating like this.
(for more recipes and my diet plan click here: Julie’s Plan)
I pinned a similar recipe this week, and didn’t have all of the ingredients, so I improvised.
I used what I had, and let me tell ya…they were FABULOUS.
My husband devoured them too.
The protein will keep your sugar level and keep you going longer.
There are still a few carbs in them, but mostly the good kind from veggies.
Have a great weekend!
- 1 lb. ground chicken (found in the meat section of most grocery stores)
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil (gives a great flavor, find it in the Asian section)
- 3 cloves chopped garlic
- 3 green onion diced
- 4 tablespoons lite soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons sweet & sour sauce or duck sauce
- 2 teaspoons red wine or rice vinegar
- 1 zucchini diced
- 1 small can water chestnuts drained and diced (this really made the texture)
- 5 mushrooms diced small (optional)
- 1 teaspoon chili powder (optional if you want less spice)
- S & P to taste
- wasabi mixed with a little soy sauce to dip in (optional)
- favorite lettuce leaves
You basically throw it all together in a pan, and sauté until chicken is cooked through. Start with adding the oils, then the garlic and onion. After 3 min. add the chicken and use a wood spoon to crumble it well in the pan while it's cooking. Add the remaining ingredients and mix well so it is very crumbled and small piece texture. Wash your lettuce and place on a plate. Fill the leaves up as much or as little as you wish. Wasabi mixed with a little soy sauce to dip them in would take them over the top. I love these things, I'm making them again tonight. Perfect for low carb eating and weight loss.
I pinned the original recipe from “Damn Delicious”.
Tags: asian chicken lettuce wraps, best lettuce wraps, ground chicken lettuce wraps, low carb chicken wraps Posted by
Leave a Reply