This is probably the best chocolate cake you will ever have!!!
I wrote the original post to this wonderful cake a couple days ago (here), but had requests for the recipe…
so here it is-thanks to my…
Mom (she typed it out for me today)!
If you have any questions about the recipe,
UPDATE: I ALTERED THIS RECIPE BELOW FROM THE ORIGINAL SO IT INCLUDES EXACT MEASUREMENTS, PLUS EXTRA FROSTING SO YOU DON’T HAVE TO WORRY ABOUT RUNNING OUT
Chocolate Fudge Cake
4 ounces unsweetened chocolate;
1. Melt chocolate in small bowl over hot, not boiling water- cool.
2. Grease and flour two 9×1-1/2 cake pans; tap excess flour
3. Sift flour, baking soda, and salt onto wax paper;
4. Beat butter until soft in large bowl. Add brown sugar and eggs; beat with mixer at high speed until light and fluffy-5 minutes. Beat in vanilla and cooled chocolate.
5. Stir in dry ingredients alternately with sour cream, beating well with a wooden spoon after each addition until batter is smooth. Stir in boiling water (batter will be thin). Pour at once in prepared pans.
6. Bake in moderate oven (350*) for 35 minutes or until centers spring back when lightly pressed with fingertip.
7. Cool layers in pans 10 minutes, use knife to loosen then take out of pan to cool on rack.
8.Make frosting (below). Put one cake layer on a serving plate, spread with 1/4 frosting. Add second layer of cake and spread remaining on top and sides.
Chocolate Fudge Frosting
6 ounces unsweetened chocolate
1. Combine chocolate and butter in small heavy saucepan. Place over low heat, just until melted. Remove from heat.
2. Combine sugar, milk, and vanilla in medium size bowl. Stir until smooth; add chocolate mixture. Set bowl in a pan of ice and water, beat with a wooden spoon until frosting is thick enough to spread and hold it’s shape.