Your not going to believe what we did. Notice I say “we” when in fact it was me. I can admit that now because it worked. Let me explain. We spent most of our afternoon at Home Depot last Sat. picking out the counter, and sink. I was in shock because I actually joked about painting the faucet with my husband that morning. So, on Sunday morning I decided to try it on our roman tub faucet that we hardly use. I figured we are getting another faucet anyhow, so I may as well give it a shot.
First, I taped it with the only tape I had besides scotch-electrical black. Rick said, “That will leave a residue!” Well, I did it anyways. 🙂 I had the spray paint from an outdoor wicker chair painting project my Dad does for me every year. It’s very close to oil rubbed bronze which I know I want against the bone.
Next, I used wax paper and got some drop cloths to cover up the tub. I wasn’t worried about the walls because those are getting painted. It took a few minutes to tape, but the electrical tape worked really well to be honest. I did about 3 light coats and let it dry while. I just saved us $550. The faucet we found and the labor would have cost that. Unbelievable. There were a few areas that needed some touch-ups with a tiny brush. I sprayed a bunch of spray paint on a plate to make a puddle and touched it up. We still have work to do on the grout, but man I love it!
Here is the paint we used and my affiliate link to Amazon: SPRAY PAINTPosted by