Appetizer Tree

We had a small Christmas party last Saturday with some wonderful, dear friends of ours.  I knew it would be the perfect opportunity to make another “Appetizer Tree”.

I had originally tried it for Thanksgiving.  That one was a huge success, so this one was a no brainer.

Appetizer Trees are a great conversation piece, they take up very little space, they look beautiful, and your guests will think you’re a genius.

Appetizer Tree

*** Some of the links in this post may contain affiliate links for your convenience.  Read full disclosure policy here.

This is what you will need:

plate or cake stand

styrofoam cone (the larger the party, the larger the cone)-found here

tooth picks & a little shot glass for used tooth picks

plastic wrap

olives, pickles, cheese cubes , ham cubes or rolls, tomatoes, etc. (I used artichokes on the other one, use what you have.)

Party Appetizer Tree

Directions: Wrap cone in plastic wrap so your food doesn’t touch the cone.  Get all your ingredients out, and cut the cheese/ham into cubes.  You can start at the top or the bottom, and you can insert the food any way you like.  I did notice my second tree looked better when I did the same ingredient in rows.  You can see that Appetizer Tree here:

Redhead Can Decorate | Appetizer Tree

Did you happen to notice the Gumdrop Tree?  That one is a little different in that it is not edible after the first year.  We chose to save ours year after year.  My full tutorial is found here: “Gumdrop Tree

Christmas Party Trees

It’s also convenient to make your tree the night before.  I wrapped ours up and put it out into the cold garage for the night.

Appetizer Tree Tutorial

Thanks for hanging out with me any my trees, I’ll see you Friday with my full “Christmas Home Tour”, and a giveaway that may or may not include an Apple iPad Mini.  {wink}

Facebooktwittergoogle_pluspinterestmail Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , Posted by

1. Thanks for the idea – might try that this weekend!

2. How fun! Love this Julie. Pinned! xo

3. Kelly Limina says:

I love this Julie gonna try this for Christmas! Thanks! Merry Christmas! Xo

4. Love the app tree Julie! You are right, doesn’t take up much room, holds a lot of appetizers, and in shape of a tree… will have to keep this idea on file for my next party!

5. Holli says:

Shoot! Why didn’t I find your blog sooner? I am hosting a dinner party tonight and this would have been perfect. No way do I have time to make it but I feel like I need to soon. LOL.
    So awesome- thanks!

6. Terri says:

Great idea! Just wondering….did you have any problems with the tree sliding around? Did you anchor it to the plate in any way? I just always picture the catastrophes! But maybe that’s just my family! Ha!

No, I just risked it. lol People do have to hang onto it when they pull. 😉

• Janice says:

Terri,Anchor it down with a big glob of creamy peanut butter. Also you can wrap cone with aluminum foil and wrap christmas lights around it using push pins or bobby pins. It really is pretty when lit up……Hope the tips helped……A little late but Christmas will be here before you know it……

7. Lois says:

This is great. I wrote this and the gum drop tree. My grand children just got her for a two week visit. I am doing Christmas for about 20 and the 26th is my husband’s birthday, so we are doing dinner for another, about 15-20 then. This was perfect timing and great ideas I can have the kids do to keep them out of my hair while I am doing other things. Great idea, thanks so much. I will be back soon and often! Thanks for the help!

8. Mary says:

Love this idea! Thanks

9. Anne says:

I like ve this idea! Thank you so much!

10. Tamara Martinez says:

I did this for a Christmas Eve party I attended (and I did a fruit tree to go with my cinnamon sugar pita chips and fruit dip) Both turned out amazing and everyone loved them… Will definitely stay in my tool bag. Great idea for a gift also!!! But I love food so maybe only I would think that lol. Thank you so much for sharing 🙂

11. Eve Swanson says:

Love your Christmas tree.

12. Eve Swanson says:

looks soo good

13. Jay says:

i can hardly wait till my Xmas Eve celebration. Love this! Thanks for sharing

14. Shelley says:

I’ve made veggie trees this way before but instead of wrapping the cone in plastic wrap I stapled leafy lettuce to the cone. I got a slice of cheddar about 1/4″ thick and used a small star cookie cutter to cut a cheese star for the tree top.

15. Dwayne says:

Made this for the 4th of july,big hit. Thanks.

16. Liz says:

Just found you fab food trees. What an amazing ideas and soo easy, will defo be doing the cheese, ham, tomato and whatever else I can stick on the tree soon for a drinks party! Thank you

17. Pam says:

Love Love Love it. Going to attempt it for Thanksgiving. If it works, might be what I take to a few parties we’ve been invited to. Unless I see some other awesome ideas on your site.
    Thanks ! I need all the help I can get.
    Happy Holidays !

18. […] fun is this Appetizer Tree from Redhead Can Decorate? Surprise your family and guests will this easy to put together Christmas […]

19. Shirley says:

Love this. I’m going to make this for Christmas this year. Thanks.

20. Priscilla says:

Thanks! You just solved my entertaining problem. 😊

21. […] Appetizer Tree from Redhead Can Decorate […]

22. Kathy says:

Wow! New to your website. This is amazing!! Thanks for sharing!

23. Henriette C says:

Unique & creative idea! Thanks for sharing it!

24. Kelli says:

I love the appetizer tree. Any insight on how much of each ingredient is needed to cover the cone?

25. […] and for fun, an yummy Appetizer Tree. […]