Using the word “diet” may not be the “in” thing to do.
For me, it’s not about that word, or what the definition is.
You can call this a diet, a plan, a way of life…
call it slim Jim, it doesn’t matter.
What’s important is that we stop eating so much of the
crap food factories make.
It was June 17th.
A Tuesday morning to be exact.
I got on the scale (which I had been avoiding) and I decided that number needed to come down.
Not only so I could wear something other than leggings,
but so I felt good in my skin again.
I’m small framed, and I’m only 5′ 3″.
10 lbs is more like 20 lbs. it seems.
My goal, was 15, but I’m pretty darn happy with where I’m at now.
I’ve lost 10 lbs. and I feel incredible.
10 lbs. may not seem like it’s a lot of weight to lose,
but when you think of 10 lbs. of ground beef, or 2 5lb. sacks of sugar…
yah, then you start to realize that 10 lbs. is ALOT.
I realize my method for losing weight isn’t for everyone.
Repeat: this is my plan…suited for me, made by me.
My hubby followed some of the plan with me and he lost weight too.
I’m sharing it with you hoping it will inspire you, help you.
I am NOT a dietitian, I am just Julie, telling you how I lost weight.
For me, bad carbohydrates were my main problem.
I was eating large portions of bread, crackers, chips and pasta.
I was eating a treat after lunch and dinner that usually consisted of chocolate and sugar.
For me, cutting bad carbs has always been the easiest way to get back on track.
What makes my way easier, is that I don’t cut all carbohydrates.
Just the BAD ones.
I still allow fruits, and veggies that are high in carbs.
Before I share some of my favorite weight loss tips,
here’s 1 example of a full day’s menu.
I’ve included the recipe for one of my favorite dishes
“Grilled Chicken Over Roasted Cauliflower, Topped with Cucumber Tomato Salsa”.
Even peeps not on a diet love it.
I kept track of some of the ways I stayed on track.
I used the word track twice there, but you get the idea.
When I ate this way, I noticed better skin, less bloat, my double chin went away, and I had less back pain.
Here are my favorite tips & ideas to help you.
- If your food is coming from a factory, trash it. I left cereal on the curb side, and said good bye to chips, crackers, and cookies.
- I went off all bread, but now I’m slowly adding rye and whole wheat back in.
- Think PROTEIN, FRESH FRUIT, FRESH VEGGIES, NUTS
- Breakfast: Egg beaters rock. They are fabulous with mushrooms, and spinach.
- Breakfast: On some days I just ate fruit for breakfast. Very filling.
- Lunch: When we were out, I usually had chicken caesar salad, or taco salad with no shell.
- Dinner: Zucchini became my best friend. I used it in place of noodles in chili and goulash. I baked it into “Pizza Bites” (recipe below).
- Dinner Idea: Bake an entire chicken, make gravy with the drippings, and a little flour. Use roasted cauliflower for mashed potatoes, and roasted carrots on the side.
- Dinner Idea: Roast a pork loin with cumin, chili powder, and s & p. Slice it and lay it on sautéed onions, peppers and mushrooms. Top with a big spoon full of guacamole made from avocados, tomatoes, salsa, lime juice, s & p.
- Dinner: Use lettuce leaves for tacos instead of the shells.
- Dinner: Add avocados to your diet. Wonderful on that taco.
- Snacks: green or calamata olives, hummus w/ veggies, lean cold cuts, turkey meat sticks.
- Treat: Cherries are great when you are craving sugar. Sounds ridiculous, but trust me, it worked.
- Treat: Take nuts to the movies, skip the popcorn for now.
- Treat: Keep sliced veggies and fruit always available.
- I still drank my favorite wine on this plan. No beer.
- I exercised 3 times a week.
- Diet soda was kept to a minimum…lemon water when eating out.
Here are more of my favorite recipes that helped me stay on track.
One more for the road…
To sum it up briefly…
when making your traditional recipe,
use ground chicken instead of beef because it’s better for you and your cholesterol,
use olive oil,
and substitute noodles with sliced zucchini.
Just add the zucchini at the last 10 minutes of cooking.
Don’t forget to top w/ parm!
Here’s more I added on later!
Cauliflower Mashed Potatoes (these are amazing!!)Tags: eating good carbs, losing 10 lbs, low carb eating, low carb recipes, zucchini bites, zucchini pizza Posted by