Stereo Console Makeover

I wish you were here.

It is a COMPLETE SNOW WHITE OUT here.

It’s almost as if the sky is falling.

Lets hope not because this “Stereo Console Makeover” is a must see!

Judy's Stereo Console

Stereo Console Makeover IdeaI’ve been so excited to share this with you.

It has become one of my favorite projects ever.

Console Makeover by Redheadcandecorate.com

Last Summer our neighbor gave us this old stereo console for free.

Thanks, Judy!

Judy's Stereo Console

It sat in our garage until Christmas time we brought it in so I could slowly work on it.

My husband helped tear out the insides and replace the back of it with plywood.

I love the lattice…so we kept that.

Then I painted it with Behr Ultra Black Paint in satin.

Console Makeover w: black paint

Then the fun part came.

Decorating it.

Stereo Console by Red

I found these knobs at an antique store.

Mercury Glass Knobs

The lights are Christmas lights.

I had my hubby drill a hole in the back so I could plug them in.

They light up our crystal that my brother gave us for our wedding gift quite nicely.

Here’s a view from our stairs.

Stereo Console w: black paint makeoverBefore:After Stereo Console Makeover w: Black Paint

I added the wood to give it that rustic feel.

She makes a nice nightlight too.

Console Makeover by Redheadcandecorate.com

Thanks for stopping by!

link party button

Facebooktwittergoogle_pluspinterestmail Tags: , , Posted by

1. wendy says:

Wow, that looks really nice. Great idea using mini lights.
    Wendy
    Our Cape On Cabot Road

2. Bliss says:

Pinned. Excellent!

3. joyce says:

Very nice, does not look like the same cabinet. Not even close!!!

4. ARod says:

voted & luff luff luff this piece and what you did with it awesome

5. Great job – it looks beautiful Julie. Pinned!

6. Teresa says:

This is stunning!! Absolutely love it!

7. Teddee Grace says:

I’d love to vote for you but when I went to the voting site it just brought me back here.

So sorry Teddee…I think you have to sign in. I didn’t realize that because I was already a member. Thank you for trying!!

8. Leeanne says:

This is amazing!!!! I love it, and I voted for you~

9. kristin says:

It is gorgeous!!! Doesn’t even look like the same piece, sharing on FB and pinning .xo

10. Francia says:

Love this! Just did a little tour of some of your previous work and well, I will sure be stopping by again when I need some inspiration. Great job.

11. Lisa M says:

Lurve, lurve, LOVE it!!! Incredible transformation and what a terrific way to be greeted when you walk through the door. Nicely done 🙂

12. What a great makeover, it looks beautiful and I love those knobs!!

13. Meegan says:

Once again, you NAILED it with this console, JUlie!! You never cease to amazing me!!
    Pinned 🙂

14. Leena says:

This is fabulous! I love the paint color and the lights inside. Great place for firewood too! Thanks for sharing! Hugs, Leena

15. Julie, this looks absolutely fabulous!!! What an wonderful and beautiful makeover – I totally love it! Pinned and sharing!

16. […] neighbor gave us this old stereo console for free last Summer,” says Julie at Redhead Can Decorate.  ”I loved the lattice on the front, and it had good […]

17. I’ve looked at a number of old stereo console makeovers. Creating the faux fireplace in the center, along with the lighting is just sheer genius. You are so fortunate to have gotten a piece that already had side doors and a solid top. Truly outstanding makeover.

18. tonia.conner says:

That turned out beautiful. I think the wood was a perfect finish. It makes you think warm.

19. Sharon says:

Cozy scene. The wood and lights are a nice touch.

20. […] head over to Julie at Redhead Can Decorate and see just how she did this and say hello to her. Jump here to see this […]

21. Laura Lewis says:

That is so pretty and simple, great idea!

22. I like the cabinet idea. I want to make part of a cabinet I have into a fireplace ( faux electric if I can safely). But for christmas this year this is an excellent idea. Thank You .

23. BglLvr says:

Can you tell me, please, from where you purchased the rug? Thanks in advance!

24. […] you haven’t seen how I transformed this stereo console, you can view that here: “Black Stereo Console Makeover“.  This thing makes it easy to decorate it.  I admit, that this is a bit “busy” […]

25. TucsonPatty says:

I also thought it was the coolest faux fireplace. I’m going to use that as inspiration for my real fireplace that I never use! I love Christmas lights!

26. Cindy says:

I have a pecan colonial long stereo cabinet I was going to give to Goodwill…NOT ANY MORE!…..It has a lid you lift up for the turntable and radio, but just in the middle area. No doors on the front, but there are some ‘fake’ doors that I will be taking off and taking out the cloth that is over the speaker area. I’m going to put some legs on it to give it a little more height. I love what you did with the lights and crystal display. Thanks for sharing your idea! When I complete it, I’ll post it. Love what you have done to your kitchen, and love your décor!

27. carol bittner says:

Absolutely beautiful; I just LOVE it; especially the wood and mini lights; such a ‘homey feel’.

28. […] the tea set.  How elegant, dainty, and GORGEOUS.  It would all come together perfectly against my Black Stereo Console in our […]

29. […] you enjoyed this, you will probably like my Stereo Console Makeover, […]

30. […] I first made it over with black (see that makeover HERE).  I even lit it up, but opted to skip that this […]

31. Kimberly says:

Did you sand or prime the wood first or just paint? Any topcoat?
    Looks great!

32. […] You can get the paint colors and information on that original makeover here: Black Stereo Console Makeover. […]